Cloud ERP for SME
Cloud ERP technology is a popular choice for SMEs as they complement the cost efficiency of bulk computing and the sharing of experienced specialist and latest technologies among multiple users using the same cloud. This allows SME to enjoy a lower ownership cost of a robust ERP solution.
What is Cloud?
Cloud is an external computing technology resources that you can immediately use without the need to have a physical server at your own premise. It is the practice of using remote servers hosted on the internet to store, manage and process data. The cost of cloud is much lower due to the lowered cost of shared ownership.
How does the Cloud ERP work?
Cloud ERP basically is the use of space and networking bandwidth on a remote server without the need to install or maintain both the hardware and software. The usage is based on a monthly rental fee and is fully managed by a cloud solutions provider.
Benefits of Cloud ERP
- Flexibility To Upgrade or Downgrade – Ability to upgrade to accommodate spikes or future growth. And if you need to downgrade, the option is also available without the need to sell off servers.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery – Continuous accessibility in event of system going down so you can have peace of mind knowing that your data and business operations is in good hands. Cloud solution providers usually have dedicated IT team to manage their servers and you enjoy this service at a fraction of the cost because of the shared cloud.
- Automatic Software Updates – Updates will be executed by your service provider without your intervention. Gone are the days of expensive external developers and long down time. All updates will be managed by your cloud solution provider without you even needing to know what they are working on.
- Remote Access – Ability to access from anywhere anytime. Do not be confined to your office desk. As mobility is one of the key areas of today’s businesses – you can enjoy the flexibility to work from anywhere!
- Security – Enterprise security for network access and stored data. No longer do you need to worry about anti virus, firewall etc – because your cloud solution provider would have provided the service to you together with your monthly fee. Worry free for you so you can focus on growing your business.
Cloud ERP is highly suitable for SMEs and SMBs for the following reasons:
- Reasonable Monthly Fee – You only need to pay for a monthly fee for the processing power and data storage, without the need to invest in software, hardware and resources that can become obsolete very quickly. So you save cost in the long run and can free up your capital for growth.
- Upgrade Quickly – You can add new storage and/or processing capabilities during seasonal periods of high demand without long lead time or additional investments on hardware or resources. Gone are the days you need to plan weeks or months ahead for additional storage or upgrades. Speak to your cloud solution provider and they will sort it out for you.
- Reduce Overhead – Your traditional on-site ownership of computing hardware, servers, infrastructure also comes with maintenance, training and support services. Now you can save all those cost because all your servers (on the cloud) will be managed by your solution cloud provider.